Espial Introduces G4 World’s Most Advanced STB Client Solution
OTTAWA, Ontario — May 4, 2015 — Espial today announced its fourth-generation software solution for video service providers, the G4 STB Client. For the first time, cable, telco, satellite, and other video providers have the freedom to create an immersive and personalized user experience for their subscribers.
OTTAWA, Ontario — May 4, 2015 — Transforming the viewing experience worldwide, Espial today announced its fourth-generation software solution for video service providers, the G4 STB Client. For the first time, cable, telco, satellite, and other video providers have the freedom to create an immersive and personalized user experience for their subscribers.
With G4, service providers blend advanced TV functionality, including linear and on-demand content, with Internet-based video and apps into one consistent experience with seamless transition and their branded look and feel. Subscribers can efficiently navigate and discover content, as G4 is designed to integrate third-party recommendation engines. Service providers customize and enhance the user experience at ‘Web-speed’, thanks to G4’s unique architecture and use of HTML5. Leveraging Espial’s expertise in RDK and Smart-TV technologies, G4 delivers a fast, fluid experience on virtually any STB platform.
“Network Operators are being pressed on two fronts, as they face rapidly escalating video competition while at the same time, their subscribers’ expectations are set higher than ever by new consumer devices. To succeed in this new environment, operators must deliver a compelling user experience which surprises and delights their subscribers,” said Jaison Dolvane, Espial CEO, “G4 is built with advanced internet technologies and open, flexible software to give operators the freedom to create and deliver the best possible user experience to their subscribers.”
Already receiving strong interest from service providers worldwide, Espial’s G4 solution has been selected by three leading video service providers on two continents. The first is a major North American cable operator to power their next generation all-IP platform, while G4 has also been selected by two major European cable operators with over 3 million combined pay-TV subscribers for their hybrid QAM/IP networks.
Espial’s G4 Client Key differentiators include:
- Unprecedented Responsiveness – G4 navigates faster and more fluidly than conventional approaches, providing an immersive, engaging user experience.
- Rapid Services Innovation – Incorporating the latest internet methodologies, G4 expedites new application deployment as well as ongoing enhancement.
- Multi-applications delivery – G4 is built from ground-up for multiple applications including seamless navigation between operator and Internet video apps, sandboxing, app lifecycle, app rights and metadata management, and sandboxing.
- Operator Agility – With G4, operators can enhance their subscriber experience, and reduce time to market by quickly changing user interface menu/navigation paths, adding new features and services, migrating rapidly to introduce new hardware platforms and safely prototype/test before deploying, to ensure a smooth, low-risk deployment.
- Future Proof – Supporting QAM, hybrid QAM-IP, and IP-only networks, G4 enables operators to smoothly transition to an All-IP environment.
# # #
About Espial (www.espial.com)
With Espial, video service providers create responsive and engaging subscriber viewing experiences incorporating intuitive content discovery and instinctive navigation. Service providers achieve ‘Web-speed’ innovation with Espial’s flexible, open software leveraging RDK and HTML5 technologies. This provides competitive advantage through an immersive and personalized user experience, seamlessly blending advanced TV services with OTT content. With customers spanning six continents, Espial is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, has R&D centers in Silicon Valley and the UK, and sales/support offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.espial.com.