Senior Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer you will be working with some of the world’s best engineers developing the next generation of platforms for the delivery of the TV user experience. Espial’s software is deployed globally and used every day by millions of people.
This is a unique opportunity to work as a Senior Software Engineer in a dynamic team, make a difference and directly contribute to the growth of the company.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Contribute to the overall product specification and architectural design.
- Design, develop, test, debug and maintain software ensuring the code is portable, robust, efficient and maintainable.
- Analyze, investigate and improve platform performance to provide the best user experience.
- Learn and keep abreast of the latest technology digital media technology, web standards and technologies.
- Work with customers to specify and develop new product features, sometimes involving opportunities for overseas travel.
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to the rest of the team.
- Excellent C programming skills
- Software design skills to take requirements and user stories and turn them into effective designs
- Proven experience of writing robust, efficient, portable, maintainable code
- Software lifecycle experience from requirements capture through design, development, test and deployment
- Agile development methodologies and practice, including Scrum
- Developing using Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience using software design notations (e.g. aspects of UML or equivalent; tools usage is not required)
- Software development on, or for, Linux platforms
- Use of source control systems (e..g SVN, GIT etc)
- A relevant degree is preferred, but proven ability, relevant experience and flexibility are more important than formal qualifications.
- C++ design and development skills
- Experience of performance engineering/profiling tools and techniques
- Python or other scripting language
- Knowledge of DVB, IPTV and related standards or code-bases.
- Desire to learn and keep abreast of latest software development skills and technology.
- Flexible and responsive to business needs.
- A high level of integrity and intellect, though able to adopt a relaxed and easy-going stance with peers and team.
- Ability to communicate with customers and engineers with clarity and technical competence.
- Organised and priority driven.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and can show initiative.
- Decision maker.
Please forward your resume to hrinfo (at) espial.com