Software Development Manager
We are currently seeking an energetic and experienced Software Development Manager to work as part of our Cambridge Software Development team. The successful applicant will be responsible for consistently delivering the cutting edge technology that will maintain our leadership in this fast paced, rapidly evolving market.
• Minimum of 3 years experience managing an embedded C/C++ Software Development team.
• Experience with iterative Software Development Methodologies
• Able to hire, mentor and retain a highly motivated, enthusiastic and skilled software engineering team
• Proven track record of delivering to specification with the required quality on schedule.
• Ability to drive change within the team to accelerate time to market, improve software quality and developer productivity
• Ability to work with co-workers or reported into managers in a different geography
• Demonstrated ability to work with key product stakeholders such as Product Management, Verification and Customer support.
• Ability to communicate with customers and engineers with clarity and technical competence.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of C/C++, Linux and multi-threading
• Experience with developing software for different embedded processor architectures
• University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
The ideal candidate will also have technical knowledge in the following areas:
• Strong knowledge of Set Top Box technologies (OTT, VOD, CA, TR-069, Browser)
• Strong knowledge of carrier grade concepts.
• Experience developing fault tolerant, low memory, embedded applications
• Experience with developing networking protocols such as IGMP, HTTP, SSL
• Integration of client-side embedded applications to back office systems
• Integration experience with a Telco or Cable TV environment
• Exposure to DVB and Cable Labs standards
• Exposure to Video processing technologies (MPEG, HLS, MPEG Dash, Etc.)
• Exposure to the RDK Software Stack
Please send your cv to hrinfo (at)espial.com