Published on 14/06/2019
As more people across the world gain access to high-speed internet, IPTV will continue to gain popularity. It is the future of television. Likes of Netflix, Amazon, etc. continue to offer content with superior user experience at a fraction of costs. This leaves operators with no option other than to innovate.
In this fast-paced world, operators are constantly trying to tend to the growing demands of changing consumer behaviors. Operators are often challenged by scaling, cost, and migration path issues. Migrating to IP enables operators to make add more profit margins to their video service by providing a compelling user interface (UI), user experience (UX) to their subscribers while lowering their costs. In addition, it allows the operators to leverage a wide range of connected TV devices like Roku, Apple TV, etc. We wanted to educate you on some of the common questions regarding IPTV and Elevate. Here they are:
1. What are some of the cost and other considerations for choosing an IPTV solution?
An operator has to consider the following :
- The operator must support the QAM and IP-silo for some time
- Multi subscribers must receive dedicated IP session, which calls for additional network resources and bandwidth
- Make sure that there is an education on the architecture and day-to-operations of moving to IPTV
2. What is Espial’s Elevate Cloud?
Elevate is an award-winning complete IPTV solution hosted in the cloud that enables operators to run a profitable video business model. The solution includes cloud-based tools for operations, marketing, support, and engineering teams, including analytics, promotions, segmentation, and diagnostics. It runs on a disruptive TV-as-a-Service model, which enables operators to unlock cost savings, create personalized subscriber services, scale demand economically and shorten time to market timelines considerably.
3. How is Elevate Cloud different from traditional on-prem solutions?
Total Cost of Ownership is High
- Traditional on-prem solutions which have high up-front costs and slow time to market/revenue
- Elevate offer a fully hosted cloud model with low up-front costs and fast time to market/revenue
Innovation is very slow and expensive
- These solutions require traditional on-prem software upgrades to access new features.
- Upgrades are high cost and time consuming
- Elevate updates “just happen” every 4 weeks
- Elevate offers fast low-cost deployment models with ongoing easy innovations.
Poor support for Tier 2 & Tier 3 Operators
- Because of being costly most of the focus is on the largest operators only
- Customers are reporting poor support, expensive upgrades, no returned phone calls
- Elevate offers consistent support across all operators
- Elevate is deployed at 40 operators and offers consistent support across all operators
4. What are some of the business benefits of using Elevate Cloud?
Proven deployment in under 60 days.
Our cloud-based platform gives providers the ability to deploy a future-proof solution to their subscribers within 60 days. Leveraging a cloud-based, multi-tenant architecture, deployment is uncomplicated. Existing infrastructure investments can be leveraged to get you up and running in no time.
- Rapid speed to market with reduced integrations
- Faster feature velocity with monthly feature rollouts
- Move at your own pace and roll out features when you want
- Service turn up in days, not months
- Control and customize the delivery of your services
Watch your revenues grow.
Leverage our analytical tools to manage, deliver and monetize more services to more consumers. Elevate Cloud enables you to maximize revenues from current customers and to open new revenue streams.
- Better understand consumer behavior for improved operations
- Manage churn and upsell merchandising tools
- Address unserved and underserved segments
- Capture and retain new market segments to drive new revenue
Have predictable operating costs.
Take advantage of Elevate’s cloud-based video platform and significantly reduce your operating expenses.
- The multi-tenant architecture provides predictable OPEX
- Monthly per user subscription fees can be passed through
- Scale your subscriber fee up or down as market fluctuates
- Ramp up or turn off features that are generating new revenue streams
Maximizing growth with scalability.
Scale up (or down) as your business requires and have the flexibility to better respond to consumer needs and changing market demands.
- Pay only for the users and content you need and control costs
- Scale in real-time to meet subscriber base fluctuations
- Leverage automated cloud-based scaling
- Take advantage of the latest security and IP scaling functionality
Superb consumer experience.
Take advantage of the pace of innovation with Elevate Cloud and focus on giving your consumers what they want. Our award-winning interface ensures they can access the content they want, as quickly as they need it – on the device of their choice.
- A true, Emmy award-winning user interface
- Voice-based control for search, trick play and viewing of Live TV, movies, and other OTT content
- Interface and experience consistent across devices
- Designed to ensure consumers can access their content faster than fast
5. Why should the operators choose Elevate Cloud?
- 24x7x365 NOC and two geo-redundant data centers
- Millions of devices under management, live on Elevate Cloud
- New features every 4 weeks, 1000s of automated tests, analytics
- An early review of future features, pre-production for friendly trials
- Deployment in as little as 60 days, low start-up costs
- UI designed for the operator- and consumer-owned devices and services
- A broad range of core video service and premium OTT applications
- Get up and running in 60 days
6. How is Elevate Cloud better/different than some other comparable options on the market?
More flexibility/lower cost for deployment
- Elevate offers both full cloud data-plane and integration to an operator data-plane
- This permits the operator to select the most cost-efficient solution for their deployment
- Some market incumbents require specific data-plane reducing operator flexibility/control
Long experience with SaaS operations
- Espial already supports 40 operators and has been running SaaS operations for years.
- Espial supports multiple deployments.
Financially sustainable company
- Espial is public, profitable and has cash in the bank as against other incumbents which are private
7. How much time will it take for the Elevate Cloud solution to be deployed?
Proven deployment in under 60 days. Our cloud-based platform gives providers the ability to deploy a future-proof solution to their subscribers within 60 days. Leveraging a cloud-based, multi-tenant architecture, deployment is uncomplicated. Existing infrastructure investments can be leveraged to get you up and running in no time.
8. What experience does Espial have with deploying SAAS solution?
Espial was established in 1997 and became a public company in 2008. It has long sustained relationships with the operator eco-system and has established itself as a trusted partner. It has customers across the world and already supports 40 operators and has been running SaaS operations for years.
For further queries, you can reach to us here.
Director, Marketing and Demand Generation at Espial
Director, Marketing and Demand Generation at Espial